I've been tagged to post 6 random things about myself by Gloria, aka happytobe. You can read Gloria's random things on her blog, http://wwwhappytobe.blogspot.com/.
Here are the rules...
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. My Mom could wrap the most beautiful packages. She would buy all kinds of stuff for me at Christmas and wrap them so enticingly. She always made such a big game of shaking, feeling and guessing what was in the package. I learned my lessons very well, and became the sneakiest package unwrapper/rewrapper perfectionist you could ever imagine! I'd come home from school and there would be all kinds of packages under the tree. When I knew she wasn't around, I'd take a package to a corner and very carefully pull the tape loose and unwrap the package, oh and ah over the present, then carefully rewrap it, and realign all the loose tape perfectly. You'd need a magnifying glass to tell I'd ever been in the package. Mom never knew. However, my dad watched me one time. He didn't tell Mom, thank goodness, but he did tell me about it after I was married. YIKES!
2. My first job was in a candy store for 2 weeks during a strike. If you're around chocolate all day, that's about the last thing in world you want to eat. BUT, the store also served ice cream and I became addicted to bubble gum ice cream. We would dig the bubble gum out of the ice cream to chew. I know, very bad, and I'm appalled at my behavior now, but it seemed like a great idea at the time.
3. I got a Christmas job at Woolworth's because I had experience working in a candy store. Oh joy, I got to work in the candy department.
4. My first real job was a long distance operator on an old cord board. I was 18 and absolutely hated that job, but stayed for 2 1/2 years until I was able to transfer to another department.
5. A friend at work arranged a blind date for me with her boyfriend's next door neighbor. That blind date became my husband! We were 20 when we got married. He worked in construction and was out of work our first Christmas, so he'd go over to my folks house to hang out. I think it probably helped that Mom was baking umpteen kinds of cookies and he was the sampler. One day, Mom made my lunch and he brought it to me. I ate the sandwich and looked for cookies, but there weren't any. He said Mom didn't pack any for me. Well, I called her right before I went back to work to find out why she forgot the cookies. It seems that Mr Piggy ate all of them before I got to the car to eat lunch! He's never lived that one down!
6. Ya know, this is hard to do! Hmmm, I'm 5' 8 1/2". I have a white "skunk stripe" just off center above my forehead, I'm getting gray all around, but the stripe went first. I have hazel eyes, that are more green than brown.
Rather than tagging individuals, I'm inviting everyone to post 6 random things about yourselves.
So if you're reading this, consider yourself TAGGED!
LaBoulangerie in New Orleans, LA - On a recent visit to New Orleans, I ate breakfast with my son and daughter at La Boulangerie on Magazine street. I loved this wheat toast with avocado a...
5 weeks ago