Friday, November 7, 2008

I've got mail again and my latest projects

Ok folks, my mail opens again! I rebooted the computer & tried again. This time Incredimail opened up. I had visions of losing everything that should probably have been printed and wasn't a happy camper this afternoon. In fact, I was quite grumpy!


I know this is a little late, but I made a couple of things for my DIL's school Halloween celebration. She and 2 of her fellow kindergarten teachers were characters in the nursery rhyme "The 3 Kittens Who Lost Their Mittens". The ladies had their costume parts but my DIL couldn't find a tail, so it was Mom2 to the rescue. I found black faux fur at Joann's, & sewed a tube. The fur looks a lot like my Murphy's fur. My DH supplied heavy duty automotive strapping wire, which I doubled & taped with blue painters tape, then wrapped in batting & taped again. Slid the wire contraption into the tube and sewed the top flap so it attaches to a belt. Then shaped the wire into a cute kitty curl and voila! We had an adorable kitten tail! I also stumbled across Disney Mickey & Minnie fabric that resembles a pair of Mickey & Minnie Halloween dolls she's using in her classroom. My DIL was thrilled when she saw the fabric and asked for a round tablecloth. There were just over 3 yards of fabric on end of the bolt, which wasn't quite enough. I had to "wing it" with a solid fabric for the top. (Isn't this cute? I didn't have a 36" table for the picture, but you can get an idea of how it should look.)

Diane

6 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Diane, glad you got mail girl..love what you did with the tail very creatived and smoetimes men and there junk oh I mean treasurers do could in handy..your DIL is a cutie...love the table cloth you did..how great to be able to sew..I have been working on Toile curtains now for 2 months..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Diane, glad you have mail again..pretty frustrating when we can't communicate isn't it? The tablecloth is darling..and your DIL is a cutie for sure.. Yes, I sell the snowman sleeve lamp..they are 42.95 plus shipping.. They are just the most fun things to have.. You have the availability to purchase another sleeve of choice for 21.95. They are the most popular thing in the shop right now.. Hope all is well in your corner of the world..
hugs ~lynne~

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a talented lady you are. Love the tail for the cat and the tablecloth. I'm impressed! So glad you got your mail working. We've all become so dependent on our computers, when something breaks down, it is just way too frustrating. laurie

Kristens Creations said...

What a cute costume! You did a great job! Thanks for your nice compliments on my christmas decorating. I will have much more to show you in the next couple of weeks so keep checking in! Kristen

Buffie said...

Oh I hate when my mail messes up too! What did we used to do before computers??

You are SO very creative, the tail and table cloth came out great!

Buffie ;)

Melissa Miller said...

Awesome costume! I need to dress up. I haven't done it in years....

My Blog List