Today, I'm sharing a family favorite recipe for Low Fat Chewy Fruit & Oatmeal Bars. The bars are so delicious and disappear in a flash!
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- One 8-ounce container vanilla or plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit, raisins, or dried cranberries
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine sugars, yogurt, egg whites, oil, milk, and vanilla; mix well. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Add to yogurt mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and fruit.
Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Cook’s Notes: Each bar contains .5g oat soluble fiber.
Recipe courtesy of Quaker Oats. Click HERE for their link.Please visit Michael Lee for the list of the other Foodie Friday participants HERE.
Sweet Liz at Craft From My Heart shared her One Lovely Blog Award with me. Thank you for your generosity Liz! ♥
Now for the rules:
1) Accept the award; post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Every blog I visit deserves the One Lovely Blog Award. If you haven't already received this award, please feel free to post the button on your blog.
You can read Liz's blog by clicking HERE.